Home » , » The Last Boy 2019

The Last Boy 2019

The Last Boy

2019

Drama / Sci-Fi




720p web 740.66 MB / 1080p web 1.39 GB




Director

Cast

Luke Goss Picture
Luke Goss as Jay
Peter Guinness Picture
Peter Guinness as Priest

Movie Reviews

Reviewed by romantraveller  8 / 10

There's something about this movie, I just can't put my finger on it...


This film raises a lot of interesting questions about the nature of humanity, conscience, love, etc. which, honestly, I'd never thought to ask before, and don't care enough to answer now that they HAVE been asked. That's not to say I didn't like the movie. I did.

But here's the thing, the paradox of this film: It didn't bother me that a lot of the film is slow and and at times confusing, it's never boring because I was inexorably drawn to wanting to know what the destination was.

And the weird thing is, I can't figure out why. I could not tear my eyes away.

I don't know if I can recommend this film to others or not, because I have no idea if anyone else will share my particular sentiments especially when it comes to the ending. I don't know who will understand it and who won't, or who will even think it's worth trying to understand. There are, of course, some people who absolutely love it, and probably even some who understand it (or think they do), because... well maybe because of the words of Rumi give people something to hold onto. Which in itself is a very clever thing to do because reading more of his poetry after watching added more meaning to it where perhaps none existed before. But there are probably just as many people who hate it, because... well, it's different.

At any rate, though, I think it's at least worth a look. If you find it boring, slow, incomprehensible, whatever... just turn it off. No big deal. But, on the other hand, if you find yourself inexplicably compelled to keep watching, unwilling or unable to tear yourself away for a single frame... well, then, you're welcome.
Read More
Reviewed by CabbageCustard  8 / 10

Lyrically beautiful and poignant


I have to admit I am not usually a fan of dystopian movies. I don't enjoy their typically bleak and pessimistic undertones and often I find the characters quite unrelatable. That is not the case with 'The Last Boy'. I found it captivating. I found myself caring for the characters and what they were going through and I wanted to understand exactly what it was they were facing. There is an element of mystery here as the movie unravels exactly what is happening. I was on the edge of my seat many times. It doesn't answer all those questions completely, but I think that was intentional. It certainly had me thinking about this movie after it was over. I don't think it will be a long time till I watch it again. How refreshing and welcome to see a movie of this type that doesn't involve hormonally charged twenty-something year olds pretending to be seventeen year olds. Instead this movie is moving and poignant. The acting is great, the soundtrack is beautiful and enhances the story without assaulting your ear drums, and the effects are good but don't dominate the movie. At only 90 minutes in length, this movie never outstays its welcome. In fact, I would have been happy for it to last a bit longer, but that's okay. The ending seems to suggest there could be a sequel to this. I don't know if I want that. This movie stands on its own and I would hate to see it be diminished by lesser follow ups. 'The Last Boy' is a great movie and I thoroughly recommend it.
Read More
Reviewed by jennifert5777  9 / 10

Deserves the high ratings


Deserves the high ratings, there's something very special about this film.

Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts Last 7 days

Most Popular

 
Copyright © 2015 2077HD
Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates